Release Notes 2021.1
We are proud to deliver you Version 2021.1 of our RadiMation® EMC Test software. This 2021.1 version is the result of several major improvements that we have done.
This letter contains all the information that is needed before your system is upgraded. If you have any additional questions or remarks please let us know through your reseller, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
When RadiMation® files are opened, changed and saved in a newer version of RadiMation®, it is possible that it will saved in a newer file format, which cannot be opened anymore in an older version of RadiMation®. To prevent that changed TSF, LLF, COR, SEQ or EUT files cannot be opened anymore in an older RadiMation® version, we strongly recommend to make a backup. Before you install the latest version of RadiMation®, please make sure to saveguard all your critical data.
Make a back up of (at least) the following files:
- Correction files
- TSF files
- Sequence files
- Limit Line files
- Device driver configuration files
Multi version installation
It is possible to install different RadiMation® versions on the same PC.
This functionality can be used to verify the correct functioning of the RadiMation® software before it is used for EMC testing. Simply put, the functioning of the new version can be checked by comparing it with the older version. This verification can for example be required by internal quality assurance standards. During this verification process, the installation of the older RadiMation® version can still be used for all EMC tests.
Be advised that:
- It is not possible to run two (or more) different versions at the same time without risking a software crash. Close other instances of RadiMation® before starting another version!
- Raditeq cannot be held accountable if information is lost because two different versions of RadiMation® are used at the same time.
- The user needs to have the rights as described in User rights and installation.
Installing software updates
Software updates can be distributed on CD or downloaded from the RadiMation® Download page.
To install the RadiMation® update from a CD, please execute the ‘SETUP.EXE’ startup program. The setup program will install the new RadiMation® version at the same location as the previous version, but in a separate installation folder. This will allow you to use the previously installed RadiMation® version, as well as the new one.
The setup program will detect that a previous version of RadiMation® has already been installed on your PC. A back up of this older version will automatically be copied to the backup directory. All the settings of the older version will also be used for the newly installed RadiMation®. If any problems should occur with the new software, the older version can be recovered.
Installing from a network directory
If the already installed RadiMation® version was installed from a network directory, the new setup file can be copied to the <Setup> sub-directory of the <NetworkDir>.
The new RadiMation® version can then be installed on each computer from this directory.
Updating device drivers
After the new RadiMation® version is installed, we strongly recommend that you install the latest device drivers as well. These device drivers can be installed by starting the ‘DRIVERS.EXE’ program that is located on the delivered CD.
The ‘DRIVERS.EXE’ program will detect the different RadiMation® versions installed on your PC. A dialog will start, asking you to select the RadiMation® version that needs updated device drivers. Select the latest version of RadiMation® that was just installed.
You have successfully obtained the latest released version of RadiMation® when both the software and device drivers have been updated.
Verification and Validation
Every new RadiMation® version is tested extensively before it is released. Raditeq validates these new versions on three ‘levels’. The fourth level of the validation is to be done by the end-user.
This quality management system follows the ISO/IEC 17025 standard (“General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories”).
1) Automatic knob pushing program
The ‘automatic knob pushing program’ simulates an end-user and is run on each RadiMation® version. The program performs all the actions that a user could do, such as entering information, executing tests, reviewing test results and generating reports.
Performing the first validation level is a responsibility of Raditeq.
2) Validation and usage in a test lab
Once the new RadiMation® version has passed the first validation level, it progresses to the second validation level performed by Raditeq.
During this validation the RadiMation® software is installed in a real test lab, to perform measurements on a 'known' EUT. These results are then compared to manual measurements to verify the quality of the software. The results are also compared with the measurement results of previous software versions.
Performing the second validation level is a responsibility of Raditeq.
3) Validation and usage in a test house
When the new RadiMation® version has passed the second validation level, it progresses to the third validation level performed by Kiwa Dare Services.
This validation level consists of two stages. In the first stage the software is used to perform measurements on a 'known' EUT. These results are then compared to manual measurements to verify the quality of the software. When the new software version has passed the first stage, it progresses to the second stage where it is installed and used by Kiwa Dare Services for at least two weeks. Any issues that are reported during this period, will be investigated and resolved. An updated version of RadiMation® is created if needed.
Performing the third validation level is a responsibility of Kiwa Dare Services.
When this validation is succesful, the RadiMation® version will be officially released, and will become available for all end-users.
4) Validation by end-users
Once the new RadiMation® version has passed the third validation level, it progresses to the fourth (and last) validation level, which should be performed by the end-users of RadiMation®.
When end-users receives a new RadiMation® version they should perform a validation of the software in their own test setup. The parts that should be validated by the end-user are:
- Correct control of the used measurement equipment
- Validation of the software according to internal quality standards
- Possible verification and comparison of measurements on a 'known' EUT
We strongly advise to only start to use RadiMation® after this validation is performed.
Performing the fourth validation level is a responsibility of the end-user.
See below the list of all the issues that have been solved in RadiMation® version 2021.1 since version 2020.2
RadiMation version 2021.1.10
- #11501: Driver: R&S RTE1024 as powermeter
- #11503: Driver: BLMA 0118-1A.
- #11506: Driver: Driver: IFI T82-250
- #11658: ErrorReport: "Teseq NSG3040: Device returned Error code: 13"
- #11801: RTO2024 - Leveling time and Voltage measurement error.
- #11839: Device driver for Rohde&Schwarz FSV3000 Spectrum Analyzer
- #11883: Driver: AR125S1G6
- #11886: The device driver system is currently not usable.
- #11903: RadiMation stops on initialisation
- #11904: IFR2025 High power option.
- #11906: Driver: RS FSVA 3044.
- #11916: Device driver: Amplifier BBA150BC500
- #11917: Device driver: AmplifierBBA150D200
- #11918: Device driver: Amplifier BBA150E100
- #11921: Prana N-MT 1650 DC
- #11923: Driver: TESEQ KEMA801A
- #11925: Device driver LISN TESEQ ISN-T8
- #11926: Device driver LISN EMTEST DCD-sr
- #11927: Device driver LISN EMTEST DCD-st
- #11934: Device driver: Antenna SAS-521F-7
- #11935: Driver: Modulation source Tektronix AFG3102
- #11942: Driver: Antenna Schwarzbeck VULB9164
- #11949: VI powermeter envelope tracing mode issues in new version
- #11956: RE: Switch-Matrix TESEQ RFB2000 - Inbetriebnahme in RadiMation
- #11960: ErrorReport: "CE met Peak en AV trace" measuring time changed from 200 ms to 10 ms
- #11963: Radimation/Lumiloop error during field probe mode switch
- #11968: R&S NRP18A time-out when using high filter count.
- #11980: ErrorReport: "layout of emission plots"
- #11984: RadiPower advanced option to configure the used VBW during remote measurement
- #11985: Test level input should disable tolerance
- #11997: R&S NRP-Z91 Powermeter confused.
- #12000: amplifier linearity check - forward power step issue
- #12003: ErrorReport: "EFT test sequnce does not run"
- #12005:Device driver for EM-Test NX7 with DCD Burst coupling network
- #12006: RadiMation Help button redirects to Dare.eu instead of Raditeq.com
- #12018: ErrorReport: "Rohde & Schwarz RTO2024 (CH2): Specific System Error: -222,"Data out of range;CALC:MATH2:FFT:STAR 70698577.88"".
- #12036: Report Generator Harmonics & compression not inserted
- #12057: ErrorReport: "FM modulation multiband could not be set"
RadiMation version 2021.1.9
- #11666: ErrorReport: No Tooltip found for buttons placed on the graph control
- #11693: AW: Report Generator - keyword Frequency Step and Modulation does not work
- #11743: ErrorReport: "rbw coupling error" on HP 7405 analyser.
- #11746: ErrorReport: "Can't auto couple sweep time in zero span" on HP 7405 analyser.
- #11779: wxWidgets Debug Alert
- #11782: Driver: Teseq CBA 1G-600D.
- #11789: Editing a limit line value initially shows the unit default value scaled to the new selected unit
- #11790: VI instrument time index axis is not updated for the additional time measured
- #11791: Using SQL to format a custom peak table including frequency data adds the _RAW frequency column data instead.
- #11792: RadiTower unnecessary moved to 4M after measuring at 1m
- #11793: Error Start frequency is too low for selected equipment, when viewing the data of two tests simultaneously
- #11794: RI Graph, no filter at top of the Graph
- #11798: Graphs settings, Frequency Range/Scaling not possible.
- #11813: Cannot connect to Frankonia FC03 antenna tower controller
- #11816: Using order by clauses on table names results in the table not being found when the unit is missing in the keyword
- #11817: 0,5 kV is not selectable in the EFT manual mode test
- #11819: ESW8 Measuring input 2 @1 GHz results in error -222 data out of range
- #11820: Using a <CUSTOM> field in the EUTInfo.ini results in the input being shifted when shown in RadiMation
- #11826: During test initialisation a "Pause" window before action is not shown to the user
- #11832: limit lines is using a wrong x axis scale.
- #11833: Error report improvements.
- #11838: Device driver for Rohde&Schwarz SMBV100B Signal Generator
- #11839: Device driver for Rohde&Schwarz FSV3000 Spectrum Analyzer
- #11840: Incorrect step frequency in immunity.
- #11841: Peak number not visible in graph.
- #11849: Reporting of antenna height incorrect during test and in review
- #11852: Manual clamp mover driver is reporting the distance in degrees instead of centimeters
- #11853: Manual clamp mover driver shows the distance in on 0.001 mm accuracy, which is just unlogical
- #11859: RI logarithmic "Frequency Step" not possible to set smaler than 1%"
- #11863: Tooltip of shown peaks uses incorrect text, higher\lower then should be higher\lower than
- #11866: NSG4070 Does not power on at start of test.
- #11871: TESEQ NSG 3040: Device returned Error code: 19.
- #11872: NSG4070 failure?
- #11884: Number of peaks not correctly applied
- #11888: Peak detection absorbing clamp test
- #11889: Radilog becomes unresponsive and freezes Radimation, when monitor inputs are measured during MB Pulsed testing.
- #11890: ESW8 1000 kHz not possible with QP.
- #11878: Out of memory exception while doing EUT Save As...
RadiMation version 2021.1.8
- #11504: Driver: Solar Electronics 2352-1.
- #11505: Driver: Teseq CBA-series amplifiers.
- #11660: Driver: Comtest Engineering MCP-01 switch matrix
- #11755: Driver: Bonn BLMA 2060-50 Band 1 to 5
- #11777: Driver: PMM Antennas.
- #11780: Driver: EMC Shop DC1G-1000A coupler.
- #11781: Driver: EMC Shop DC6G-250.
- #11788: Export limitline graph as table in test with Frequency unit as kHz raises Frequency too large exception
- #11796: Duty cycle is not visible in Burst measurement.
RadiMation version 2021.1.7
- #4525: Support the gated pulse modulation
- #11610: Driver: Boonton Power Meter 9241.
- #11714: Out of memory during printing
- #11716: Driver: Frankonia EFS-Laser
- #11753: Cable table column chooser is overwritten with the copy context menu
RadiMation version 2021.1.6
- #11664: Driver: R&S RTO2024 as a dual input powermeter/analyzer.
- #11673: Multiband immunity modulation configuration dialog is shown too small by default
- #11674: Warning regarding pulse time is still shown when PM is disabled
- #11675: Multiple messages in notification area of modulation configuration is are not readable.
- #11676: Up and down of the pulse gating repetition time are now working
- #11677: Modulation configuration error links to an unknown knowledgebase page
- #11692: Error cannot find signal generator in currently active test-site when changing the frequency of the powermeter
- #11706: ErrorReport: "Object name is shown instead of limit line value when trying to configure a limit line
- #11711: Index out of array
- #11713: Changed EUT details not stored when closing EUT file.
RadiMation version 2021.1.5
- #11684: Cannot enable modulation
RadiMation version 2021.1.4
- #11651: EUT Monitoring graphs are not shown in the frequency graph, but are available in the time graph
RadiMation version 2021.1.3
- #11617: No measurement results when using a frequency list.
RadiMation version 2021.1.2
- #11593: Out of memory exception raised while using CLI.
- #11598: Harmonics calibration based on field measurement is not able to use spectrum analyzer
RadiMation version 2021.1.1
- #42: Add EUT Monitoring Input support for the EFT, ESD and Surge tests
- #4161: Multiband power measurement seems to limit at -100 dBm
- #5807: The minimum value of the dBuV/m should be around -67 dBuV/m
- #5836: Lower the minimum values for magnetic fields to far below -100dBuA
- #10454: When reading out the data of the powermeter with a switch matrix it seems that it is uncorrected
- #10457: Importing EUT Data
- #11093: Average trace is not visible when below -100
- #11165: Project: Simplify copying of customer provided data into an EUT file.
- #11189: Send corrected forward power value to switch matrix
- #11214: min/max values and division marks are not shown during display of graphs
- #11340: Could not find default endpoint element that references contract 'RadiLogService.IRadiLogService' in the ServiceModel client configuration section.
- #11343: Unclear message: 'Please connect the powermeter to the power reference.' during amplifier compression system calibration test
- #11433: Item #154 -Loading the device driver list (amplifiers) is taking longer than expected
- #11435: Amplifier control window position is not remembered on restart
- #11436: Amplifier control window issues
- #11464: RadiMation installer must not install the example directory in the program files(86x) folder
- #11465: Changing the installation directory of RadiMation does not work.
- #11493: When using a R&S NRVD the frequency correction is not set to ON.
- #11528: Status of actual status of a multiband immunity test is not clear in the skinned version
- #11568: No graph for low frequent magnetic field emission measurement
R&S spectrum analysers/receivers communication problems
It has been detected that on very fast PC’s, the communication with modern Rohde & Schwarz spectrum analyser/receivers can be corrupted. These problems are related to the speed of the PC and the used GPIB bus. The R&S receivers that are related to this problem are: ESI/ESIB/ESPI/ESCI/FSE/ESU.
We strongly advise that you slow down the GPIB communication speed between the PC and R&S receivers. Follow these steps to do so:
- Open the configuration window of RadiMation®
- Select the Device Drivers tab
- Select Receivers/Spectrum Analysers
- Select the R&S receiver
- Press Edit to open the device driver configuration window
- Press the Advanced button
- The GPIB configuration dialog of the R&S device driver will be shown
- Activate the Show advanced Settings checkbox
- The GPIB Configuration dialog will show a Wait time box
- Specify 3000 us in the Wait time box
- Close all windows, and repeat these steps for each and every R&S receiver.
Configuring the R&S device drivers in this way will slow down the GPIB bus, by ensuring that at least 3 milliseconds delay are included between each GPIB call to the R&S devices
Previous RadiMation® version raises a run-time error
If the latest RadiMation® version and an older RadiMation® version are installed on the same PC, it can happen that the older RadiMation® version raises an error during the start of RadiMation.
This error is raised because a file that is shared by both versions is written in a newer file format that cannot be read anymore by older software. The solution for this problem is to remove the file: C:\Program Files\DARE Development\RadiMation\Confdvdr\CUSTOMIZ.DAT. The CUSTOMIZ.DAT file is used to remember customizations of the colour of the graphs, so removing the file will not influence the measurements. However the graph colours will probably be changed to the defaults as specified by RadiMation®.
Windows 8, Windows 7, XP, Vista and older are not supported
Due to the fact that Microsoft has ended their support for these versions we are also forced to stop the support of RadiMation® running on these operating systems. This means that we do not test if RadiMation® is working correctly on these operating systems. However it could be that RadiMation® is still working correctly. We strongly suggest upgrading your operating system to Windows 10 (21H2). Both the 32-bit and the 64-bit versions of the Microsoft Windows Operating system are supported.