Reporting Bugs In Database
Items that need to be filled in are:
- Found by
When filling in the summary, be as detailed as you can without using the "found by" persons name. It could be that several people are reporting the same item.
Example: Signal generator is giving problems during detection, EABO error. Wrong: Signal generator is giving problems during detection, EABO error. Right: The signal generator (Marconi 2024) is giving problems during detection, EABO error.
At 'found by' you fill in the person who has reported the issue, for end-user, the company name of the end-user should be selected. For resellers, the most often used contact names of the reseller are included in the list, and the specific name of the reseller can be selected.
At 'type' you define the type of report you are giving. is it a crash or a wish? see Explanation of the measurements type for the full explanation.
With component you can specify where the report is related to. For example, the signal generator problem is a device driver item.
By asking yourself some basic questions it should be very easy to determine the correct component to use:
- To which test is it related?
- Is it driver related?
- Is it during report generation?
- During general configuration?
Explanation of the measurements type
- Incorrect measurement: No crash but the result information is wrong. Due to wrongly applying corrections or other calculations
- Crash with data loss: RadiMation is terminated incorrectly, and some unsaved data is lost, for example if the crash occurred during a measurement. You very often will get a Windows message dialog to report the problem to Microsoft.
- Crash without data loss: RadiMation is terminated incorrect, but no unsaved data is lost. You very often will get a Windows message dialog to report the problem to Microsoft.
- Unexpected functionality: everything that is going wrong except crashes and incorrect measurements
- Cosmetic: everything that is not looking nice, or is not drawn correctly.
- Wish: items that are wishes and need to be remembered for possible later implementation
- Question: just a question, how a certain feature is working
- Manual: a remark or suggestion that is related to the RadiMation® end-user manual