Release Notes 2022.1
This letter contains all the information that is needed before your system is upgraded. If you have any additional questions or remarks please let us know through your reseller, or contact email@example.com.
When RadiMation® files are opened, changed and saved in a newer version of RadiMation®, it is possible that it will saved in a newer file format, which cannot be opened anymore in an older version of RadiMation®. To prevent that changed TSF, LLF, COR, SEQ or EUT files cannot be opened anymore in an older RadiMation® version, we strongly recommend to make a backup. Before you install the latest version of RadiMation®, please make sure to saveguard all your critical data.
Make a back up of (at least) the following files:
- Correction files
- TSF files
- Sequence files
- Limit Line files
- Device driver configuration files
Multi version installation
It is possible to install different RadiMation® versions on the same PC.
This functionality can be used to verify the correct functioning of the RadiMation® software before it is used for EMC testing. Simply put, the functioning of the new version can be checked by comparing it with the older version. This verification can for example be required by internal quality assurance standards. During this verification process, the installation of the older RadiMation® version can still be used for all EMC tests.
Be advised that:
- It is not possible to run two (or more) different versions at the same time without risking a software crash. Close other instances of RadiMation® before starting another version!
- Raditeq cannot be held accountable if information is lost because two different versions of RadiMation® are used at the same time.
- The user needs to have the rights as described in User rights and installation.
Installing software updates
Software updates can be distributed on CD or downloaded from the RadiMation® Download page.
To install the RadiMation® update from a CD, please execute the ‘SETUP.EXE’ startup program. The setup program will install the new RadiMation® version at the same location as the previous version, but in a separate installation folder. This will allow you to use the previously installed RadiMation® version, as well as the new one.
The setup program will detect that a previous version of RadiMation® has already been installed on your PC. A back up of this older version will automatically be copied to the backup directory. All the settings of the older version will also be used for the newly installed RadiMation®. If any problems should occur with the new software, the older version can be recovered.
Installing from a network directory
If the already installed RadiMation® version was installed from a network directory, the new setup file can be copied to the <Setup> sub-directory of the <NetworkDir>.
The new RadiMation® version can then be installed on each computer from this directory.
Updating device drivers
After the new RadiMation® version is installed, we strongly recommend that you install the latest device drivers as well. These device drivers can be installed by starting the ‘DRIVERS.EXE’ program that is located on the delivered CD.
The ‘DRIVERS.EXE’ program will detect the different RadiMation® versions installed on your PC. A dialog will start, asking you to select the RadiMation® version that needs updated device drivers. Select the latest version of RadiMation® that was just installed.
You have successfully obtained the latest released version of RadiMation® when both the software and device drivers have been updated.
Verification and Validation
Every new RadiMation® version is tested extensively before it is released. Raditeq validates these new versions on three ‘levels’. The fourth level of the validation is to be done by the end-user.
This quality management system follows the ISO/IEC 17025 standard (“General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories”).
1) Automatic knob pushing program
The ‘automatic knob pushing program’ simulates an end-user and is run on each RadiMation® version. The program performs all the actions that a user could do, such as entering information, executing tests, reviewing test results and generating reports.
Performing the first validation level is a responsibility of Raditeq.
2) Validation and usage in a test lab
Once the new RadiMation® version has passed the first validation level, it progresses to the second validation level performed by Raditeq.
During this validation the RadiMation® software is installed in a real test lab, to perform measurements on a 'known' EUT. These results are then compared to manual measurements to verify the quality of the software. The results are also compared with the measurement results of previous software versions.
Performing the second validation level is a responsibility of Raditeq.
3) Validation and usage in a test house
When the new RadiMation® version has passed the second validation level, it progresses to the third validation level performed by Kiwa Dare Services.
This validation level consists of two stages. In the first stage the software is used to perform measurements on a 'known' EUT. These results are then compared to manual measurements to verify the quality of the software. When the new software version has passed the first stage, it progresses to the second stage where it is installed and used by Kiwa Dare Services for at least two weeks. Any issues that are reported during this period, will be investigated and resolved. An updated version of RadiMation® is created if needed.
Performing the third validation level is a responsibility of Kiwa Dare Services.
When this validation is succesful, the RadiMation® version will be officially released, and will become available for all end-users.
4) Validation by end-users
Once the new RadiMation® version has passed the third validation level, it progresses to the fourth (and last) validation level, which should be performed by the end-users of RadiMation®.
When end-users receives a new RadiMation® version they should perform a validation of the software in their own test setup. The parts that should be validated by the end-user are:
- Correct control of the used measurement equipment
- Validation of the software according to internal quality standards
- Possible verification and comparison of measurements on a 'known' EUT
We strongly advise to only start to use RadiMation® after this validation is performed.
Performing the fourth validation level is a responsibility of the end-user.
See below the list of all the issues that have been solved in RadiMation® version 2022.1 since version 2021.3
RadiMation version 2022.1.4
- #12066: Driver: Keysight Fieldfox N9916B
- #12691: Antenna scan add Attenuation in table
- #12732: Correlated graph is not shown in Multiband GTEM measurement
- #12796: Scan resolution for Rigol RSA5065
- #12803: Error during uniform field calculation
- #12809: Initialisation of the devices (especially the Rigol RSA5065) takes a long time (approx. 13s).
- #12835: Use advanced option "Reduce.Buckets.Minimum" to create a fixed suggested index trace to increase the resolution of the shown graph data
- #12839: Keysight E5061B SA (Port 2) + HP1141 100x: Device Driver Function Not Implemented.
- #12853: NSG3040A Surge generator connection problem
- #12855: Device driver not implemented?
- #12889: Driver: Bonn BLWA 0860-160/100/50D.
- #12900: Scaling of CE Multiband is not using the full screen.
- #12903: Fluke 8840, is being measured too fast, which result in a worse accuracy
- #12904: GTEM correlation differences
- #12905: Correction file raises warning that the frequency is too high.
- #12907: CISPR CAV detector does not turn on
- #12908: Probe Connetion.
- #12916: Switching ports from 1/2 to T/R is setting the end frequency in override mode
- #12919: 'Continuous Measure' button remains to show 'Stopping continuous measure'
RadiMation version 2022.1.3
- #9088: USB communication with RadiCentre is disturbed by Lumiloop TCP Server
- #11501: Driver: R&S RTE1024 as powermeter
- #12020: Signal Generator Rohde&Schwarz SMCV100B
- #12131: Update Raditeq dongle in chapter 2 of the manual
- #12403: TSF RI limit line control, title of form is not shown, there is no OK button
- #12538: BAND selection for driver of IFI T82-250.
- #12557: Issues when starting tests using the EM-Test NX7
- #12669: Multiband of Absorbing clamp can not move to 6m.
- #12685: Primary GPIB address of 31 can be selected, while the maximum allowed primary GPIB address is 30
- #12688: Driver: Yokogawa DL750
- #12689: frmConfigTestLevelElectricalField uses wrong language resource id for the side button
- #12698: LISN Network implementation
- #12702: Stopping sequence
- #12705: Configurable Antenna Tower - Commands for height missing
- #12706: CISPR AV esw 8 time domain mode.
- #12707: Report Generator does not run correct for EFT tests
- #12714: Maturo FCU 3.0. Device driver not implemented
- #12718: MIL-STD Peak discrimination is always NB when a RBW above 100 kHz is used
- #12723: Start and stop frequency has changed during (de-)activation of the preamplifier
- #12725: Test not closed.
- #12729: Tektronix AFG3251C: Modulation frequency is not correctly set
- #12733: Data out of range
- #12734: Conducted Emission, data out of range
- #12744: Driver: Lumiloop 2.0+
- #12748: Frankonia AXL-200 raises error that device driver is unknown
- #12750: Schloder CDG6000 powermeter device driver shows wxWidgets debug window
- #12756: Initialisation of RadiSwitch takes a very long time when a Lumiloop is also connected
- #12757: Initialisation of RadiPos takes a very long time when a Lumiloop is also connected
- #12764: Extend the lumiloop LSProbe 2.0 driver to allow calibration of all 6 individual axis
- #12802: Ending a test without saving
RadiMation version 2022.1.2
- #5196: Allow to measure multiple detectors simultaneously during continuous measure
- #7849: Ability to save invalid TSF files and LLF files
- #11321: TSF file of Burst/Surge test cannot be saved when no cable is selected yet
- #11631: TSF cannot be saved if no protection key is present
- #11861: ErrorReport: "*.TSF file change without dongle not possible!"
- #11891: report generator text editor should not include RAW OADateTime values when generating reports
- #12151: Possibility to save an incomplete configured TSF file to disk
- #12158: RadiMation force closes when the process cannot acces the RadiLog file, because it is in use by another process.
- #12231: Driver: AFJ FFT3110.
- #12263: VI instrument window graph control are moved of the visible area when resizing the form
- #12321: Application note for close proximity magnetic field testing
- #12359: Save *.TSF file without dongle not possible!
- #12399: Error @ Restart last TSF
- #12402: Limit lines are not shown when applying filter settings
- #12404: Clean up invoke related code implemented on the RadiMation mainWindow
- #12406: Add notification bar too the MB field probe test level, stating that multiple probes will be averaged
- #12412: Device driver related UI components are not functioning as intented
- #12446: SpinUpDownControl shows white text on white background.
- #12464: Extend AD-Convertor driver for Tektronix TDS2000 series to allow USB connection.
- #12536: Dark skin white border at Note and Address information.
- #12539: issue 2022-03-30 AL1: frequency graph switch from log to lin after switching to Angle view.
- #12544: Sequence overview menu item stays active when cancelled.
- #12545: Connection problem
- #12553: TDEMI: Support multiple final detectors in parallel
- #12554: Ethernet Driver required for Agilent 33220A.
- #12576: Error final peak measurement R&S ESPI3 with RadiMation 2021.3.5
- #12588: When resizing the Pulse modulation configuration, the "Apply out of dwell time" is moved under the pulse gating frame
- #12601: Export of limitlines is showing a stepped instead of constant slope.
- #12603: No export was possible of measurement T21 due to out of memory.
- #12167: Validate LLF files at the start of test
- #12622: Start and stop frequency on UFA calculation printout are always zero
- #12623: Opening a unfinished PI data document will start a test without warning
- #12627: The maximum frequency is 10 GHz in the 'Free' and 'Essential' license types
- #12628: Control of an EUT controller is not allowed in the 'Essential' license type
- #12629: Control of a positioner is not allowed in the 'Essential' license type
- #12630: Change references to RadiMation Lite license to RadiMation Essential
- #12636: The about window shows that the RadiMation 'Pro' license is used
- #12637: Timeout while data transfer.
- #12641: CI calibration error.
- #12656: Logarithmic step frequency, starting from shows: -10000000000000 MHz
- #12661: Driver: RadiSwitch RSW1022V and RSW1024V.
- #12662: AM square wave modulation on Keysight N5171B generator.
- #12672: unable to split cells during template generation.
- #12700: Trial period of RadiMation Pro-error with start of test
- #12747: RS10 probe connect niet
- #12578: Antennerotator rotates to -3.8 degrees instead of 356.2 degrees
- #12762: How to change the Default Setting of Receiver Setting in the Software
- #12817: GPIB error: Hibernated NI drivers error. Restart your PC
- #4668: Allow to measure multiple detectors simultaneously during final measurement
RadiMation version 2022.1.1
- #9256: Update the SX32W to the latest version released by Safenet.
- #12125: The border of the non-maximized MDI child window is very narrow. Please enlarge it.
- #12126: Show the title bar of a passive MDI child window in a different colour than the active MDI child window
- #12127: Allow that end-user can select another skin.
- #12245: If only a single fieldprobe is measured, it will be used as the average field, even if it is not selected to be included in the average calculation
- #12278: RadiLog shows key-value pairs on the General tab instead of on the Input or Output tab
- #12282: Automatically focus the sequence overview window when the last test of the sequence is finished
- #12283: Option to select if the sequence window should remain open or close automatically.
- #12337: Copy the RadiPower USB drivers from DRIVERS.EXE to a sub-directory to allow manual driver installation.
- #12362: incorrect status info sequence.
- #12392: Skin is not applied correctly when switchen from the windows default to another skin.
- #12417: error while applying new skin.
- #12441: The corners of the buttons on the VI windows have white pixels in a dark skin.
- #12442: Unexpected borders are shown around buttons on some skins.
- #12444: Forms having a fixed light colour even using darker skins
- #12529: Driver: SCHAFFNER EMI Receiver SCR 3502 (RS232).
- #12534: AW: Export from Version 2021.3.5 => Out of Memory.
- #12628: Control of an EUT controller is not allowed in the 'Essential' license type
- #12629: Control of a positioner is not allowed in the 'Essential' license type
- #12631: The main window title bar includes 'RadiMation Essential' when the Essential license is used
- #12643: Voltage dips test
- #12663: Rohde & Schwarz BBA150 connection error
R&S spectrum analysers/receivers communication problems
It has been detected that on very fast PC’s, the communication with modern Rohde & Schwarz spectrum analyser/receivers can be corrupted. These problems are related to the speed of the PC and the used GPIB bus. The R&S receivers that are related to this problem are: ESI/ESIB/ESPI/ESCI/FSE/ESU.
We strongly advise that you slow down the GPIB communication speed between the PC and R&S receivers. Follow these steps to do so:
- Open the configuration window of RadiMation®
- Select the Device Drivers tab
- Select Receivers/Spectrum Analysers
- Select the R&S receiver
- Press Edit to open the device driver configuration window
- Press the Advanced button
- The GPIB configuration dialog of the R&S device driver will be shown
- Activate the Show advanced Settings checkbox
- The GPIB Configuration dialog will show a Wait time box
- Specify 3000 us in the Wait time box
- Close all windows, and repeat these steps for each and every R&S receiver.
Configuring the R&S device drivers in this way will slow down the GPIB bus, by ensuring that at least 3 milliseconds delay are included between each GPIB call to the R&S devices
Previous RadiMation® version raises a run-time error
If the latest RadiMation® version and an older RadiMation® version are installed on the same PC, it can happen that the older RadiMation® version raises an error during the start of RadiMation.
This error is raised because a file that is shared by both versions is written in a newer file format that cannot be read anymore by older software. The solution for this problem is to remove the file: C:\Program Files\DARE Development\RadiMation\Confdvdr\CUSTOMIZ.DAT. The CUSTOMIZ.DAT file is used to remember customizations of the colour of the graphs, so removing the file will not influence the measurements. However the graph colours will probably be changed to the defaults as specified by RadiMation®.
Windows 8, Windows 7, XP, Vista and older are not supported
Due to the fact that Microsoft has ended their support for these versions we are also forced to stop the support of RadiMation® running on these operating systems. This means that we do not test if RadiMation® is working correctly on these operating systems. However it could be that RadiMation® is still working correctly. We strongly suggest upgrading your operating system to Windows 10 (21H2). Both the 32-bit and the 64-bit versions of the Microsoft Windows Operating system are supported.