Release Notes 2023.1
This letter contains all the information that is needed before your system is upgraded. If you have any additional questions or remarks please let us know through your reseller, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
When RadiMation® files are opened, changed and saved in a newer version of RadiMation®, it is possible that it will saved in a newer file format, which cannot be opened anymore in an older version of RadiMation®. To prevent that changed TSF, LLF, COR, SEQ or EUT files cannot be opened anymore in an older RadiMation® version, we strongly recommend to make a backup. Before you install the latest version of RadiMation®, please make sure to saveguard all your critical data.
Make a back up of (at least) the following files:
- Correction files
- TSF files
- Sequence files
- Limit Line files
- Device driver configuration files
Multi version installation
It is possible to install different RadiMation® versions on the same PC.
This functionality can be used to verify the correct functioning of the RadiMation® software before it is used for EMC testing. Simply put, the functioning of the new version can be checked by comparing it with the older version. This verification can for example be required by internal quality assurance standards. During this verification process, the installation of the older RadiMation® version can still be used for all EMC tests.
Be advised that:
- It is not possible to run two (or more) different versions at the same time without risking a software crash. Close other instances of RadiMation® before starting another version!
- Raditeq cannot be held accountable if information is lost because two different versions of RadiMation® are used at the same time.
- The user needs to have the rights as described in User rights and installation.
Installing software updates
Software updates can be distributed on CD or downloaded from the RadiMation® Download page.
To install the RadiMation® update from a CD, please execute the ‘SETUP.EXE’ startup program. The setup program will install the new RadiMation® version at the same location as the previous version, but in a separate installation folder. This will allow you to use the previously installed RadiMation® version, as well as the new one.
The setup program will detect that a previous version of RadiMation® has already been installed on your PC. A back up of this older version will automatically be copied to the backup directory. All the settings of the older version will also be used for the newly installed RadiMation®. If any problems should occur with the new software, the older version can be recovered.
Installing from a network directory
If the already installed RadiMation® version was installed from a network directory, the new setup file can be copied to the <Setup> sub-directory of the <NetworkDir>.
The new RadiMation® version can then be installed on each computer from this directory.
Updating device drivers
After the new RadiMation® version is installed, we strongly recommend that you install the latest device drivers as well. These device drivers can be installed by starting the ‘DRIVERS.EXE’ program that is located on the delivered CD.
The ‘DRIVERS.EXE’ program will detect the different RadiMation® versions installed on your PC. A dialog will start, asking you to select the RadiMation® version that needs updated device drivers. Select the latest version of RadiMation® that was just installed.
You have successfully obtained the latest released version of RadiMation® when both the software and device drivers have been updated.
Verification and Validation
Every new RadiMation® version is tested extensively before it is released. Raditeq validates these new versions on three ‘levels’. The fourth level of the validation is to be done by the end-user.
This quality management system follows the ISO/IEC 17025 standard (“General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories”).
1) Automatic knob pushing program
The ‘automatic knob pushing program’ simulates an end-user and is run on each RadiMation® version. The program performs all the actions that a user could do, such as entering information, executing tests, reviewing test results and generating reports.
Performing the first validation level is a responsibility of Raditeq.
2) Validation and usage in a test lab
Once the new RadiMation® version has passed the first validation level, it progresses to the second validation level performed by Raditeq.
During this validation the RadiMation® software is installed in a real test lab, to perform measurements on a 'known' EUT. These results are then compared to manual measurements to verify the quality of the software. The results are also compared with the measurement results of previous software versions.
Performing the second validation level is a responsibility of Raditeq.
3) Validation and usage in a test house
When the new RadiMation® version has passed the second validation level, it progresses to the third validation level performed by Kiwa Dare Services.
This validation level consists of two stages. In the first stage the software is used to perform measurements on a 'known' EUT. These results are then compared to manual measurements to verify the quality of the software. When the new software version has passed the first stage, it progresses to the second stage where it is installed and used by Kiwa Dare Services for at least two weeks. Any issues that are reported during this period, will be investigated and resolved. An updated version of RadiMation® is created if needed.
Performing the third validation level is a responsibility of Kiwa Dare Services.
When this validation is succesful, the RadiMation® version will be officially released, and will become available for all end-users.
4) Validation by end-users
Once the new RadiMation® version has passed the third validation level, it progresses to the fourth (and last) validation level, which should be performed by the end-users of RadiMation®.
When end-users receives a new RadiMation® version they should perform a validation of the software in their own test setup. The parts that should be validated by the end-user are:
- Correct control of the used measurement equipment
- Validation of the software according to internal quality standards
- Possible verification and comparison of measurements on a 'known' EUT
We strongly advise to only start to use RadiMation® after this validation is performed.
Performing the fourth validation level is a responsibility of the end-user.
See below the list of all the issues that have been solved in RadiMation® version 2023.1 since version 2022.3
RadiMation version 2023.1.8
- #13843: AD-Converter Keithley (Scanner) shows error -133 undefined header on the display.
- #13847: Timeout error when using filter 12
- #13853: Events are not shown in the events tab of a multiband radiated immunity test
- #13864: RE MB test window - peaks tab is broken
- #13869: Conducted Emission MB test is raising a object reference error
- #13863: Driver: Amplifier Research FL8018 + FI8000
RadiMation version 2023.1.7
- #11939: Differences in the behavior of the shown test events between Singleband and Multiband
- #13426: TDEMI repeats measurement on frequency step for several times
- #13556: Driver: FPP 2,3/1.5 support for the Maturo FCU3.0 and NCD controller
- #13565: Readout of the TDEMI Gauss Ultra 6 seems to repeat the measured data
- #13599: AD-Converter Keithley (Scanner) shows error -133 undefined header on the display
- #13608: Editing in Note Tab not possible, only via "Note" button
- #13653: Saving the content of the note adds an additional newline character
- #13654: EUT information items should not allow items starting or ending with new line characters
- #13678: TDEMI U6 - Radiated Emission - measurement results contain noise not seen on the device.
- #13718: Different RBW values cannot be configured as expected because of auto completion of the value
- #13765: Driver: Lecroy WaveRunner 8038HD
- #13766: Driver: Keysight MSOS054A
- #13767: Driver: Lecroy HDO 6034-MS
- #13789: BB graph - setting of marker does not work
- #13792: Select another band after removing a band in a multiband test
- #13794: Cosmetic issues regarding the alignment labels in RI Multiband
- #13795: R&S ESR seems to hang when it starts a new scan in the 1GHz - 3GHz range but not in the 30MHz - 1GHz range
- #13800: Driver: Frankonia VLH-700B1
- #13801: Driver: R&S OSP320 switchmatrix
- #13804: Driver: ETS-Lindgren 7002-009
- #13812: Driver: Frankonia VLH coupler
- #13817: Auto filter is not available in the RadiPower RPR4000 series
- #13824: Cannot connect to Frankonia VLH amplifier
- #13825: Update DevExpress to 22.1.10
- #13827: GPIB delays
- #13831: about external square wave modulation
- #13833: Confirming a new to angle in the VI instrument windows by pressing enter does not result in movement
- #13837: Agilent 33521A: "Not all bytes are written to the GPIB-Board within the timeout period (GPIB: EABO)"
- #13840: Extend the Keithley 2000 with ethernet and visa.
RadiMation version 2023.1.6
- #13580: EP600 times out if the binary data returned contains a new line character
- #13666: Provide a more generic 'attenuator' and 'pulse limiter' device driver
- #13674: EMI Schaffner SCR3502 measures high peak values while measuring in the noise
- #13692: Invalid message when removing input from TSF
- #13709: TDEMI Cancel don't work in remote control
- #13744: Logging mode is not supported by this powermeter.
- #13748: Singleband Conducted immunity fixed voltage checks for a CI mill cal data document
- #13756: Include check in firmware update if RadiLink is connected to the external power supply
- #13768: Fixed step count stepper, only tests the first and last frequency of a band
- #13799: Graphline customizations are not remembered
- #13806: Signal power is sometimes empty in RI MB test result
RadiMation version 2023.1.5
- #13614: Firmware update of the RadiLink RLK3086R is not working because of differences in the software update protocol
- #13641: Automatic retrieval of Temperature/Pressure/Humidity sensors during start of test
- #13686: Table header are not included and symbols are not inserted into reports
- #13699: Connection Check Fail for Keysight N9038A
- #13707: SV: RadiMation object null reference error when using the export functionality
- #13716: RadiCentre version check Driver
- #13720 Test Keysight IO viFLush returning buffermask of value 128 using pre-release build
- #13721: Error in communication with Power meter
- #13723: When a RadiPower USB is unplugged from the PC, no error is shown in RadiMation
- #13727: Set the termination on read for the EP600 field probes
- #13728: EP601 Does not return correct field when using as ad input
- #13732: Amplifier goes in operate before zero off probe
- #13733: Correction of ep601 at 60 kHz is sent as 50 kHz
- #13751: Time out problem with the "EP 601" field probe
- #13782: RGN connection issue in USB controlled RadiCentre
RadiMation version 2023.1.4
- #8156: Auto discovery of RadiPower powermeters through the RadiMation device driver system API
- #11578: New directory name / description not remembered
- #12860: TSF file directories names are changed to "new directory-<index>"
- #13182: Driver: RadiPol antenna tower
- #13211: FPC1000 using the 'GTEM' test results in "Specific System Error: -113,"Undefined header" when selecting zero span
- #13236: Turn table angle in MK Messtechnik OSD
- #13248: Object null reference error during Radiated Immunity test while determining the input identifiers of the test level
- #13343: Multi-axis field probe read out
- #13375: Creating a sub TSF Directory with a new TSF file (network) results in an empty directory name with the file in the root directory
- #13410: Add a manual controlled XY positioner driver
- #13519: Windows error 128: There are no underlying child processes to wait for
- #13537: Radimation data storage error during test
- #13553: Issue 2023-04-04 AL3 Configuration AD-Converter Keithley (Scanner)
- #13564: Frankonia FC05 Polarization controller issue
- #13567: Update wxWidgets to 22.214.171.124
- #13577: Possibility to switch The FFT mode of the TDEMI
- #13582: Emission Graph as polar plot of angles
- #13594: Rohde & Schwarz SMB 100B: Not all bytes are written to the GPIB-Board within the timeout period (GPIB: EABO)
- #13595: Create a python module for an EUT Status interface
- #13600: Magnetic field test according ISO 11452-8 using CWS500N3
- #13603: Driver: RadiLink RLK3086R
- #13615: How to measure an ADC during singleband tests
- #13616: AD-Converter Keithley (Scanner) the first measurement returns 0V which is incorrect
- #13628: Final QP-Measurement not working for more than 1 Pre-Measured Peak due to the RBW being changed by the device
- #13633: Extend TCP/IP status interface to allow passing of TestInfo.
- #13639: Driver: TDEMI M7/M7+
- #13642: 'device driver function not implemented error' during Radiated immunity Calibration
- #13643: Name of new sub-folder in TSF selection window is lost
- #13644: Cannot execute isotropic field measurement using XYZ axis correction data
- #13647: CI test is levelling down with NSG 4070
- #13655: Rohde & Schwarz SMB 100A fault: Not all bytes are written to the GPIB-Board within the timeout period (GPIB: EABO)
- #13656: RadiPol 2010A cannot control tower height
- #13657: Antenne toren
- #13658: List FSA as 'FS Antennentechnik'
- #13659: single band external modulation depth setting
- #13660: Create antenna tower driver for the RadiPol
- #13661: Auto detect the RadiLink RLK3086R
- #13662: Attenuation/Gain system calibration cannot be used with carrier level below -50
- #13664: IF overload
- #13670: Radisense IV & Dare RSS1006A errors driver does not enable axis before taking measurements
- #13671: Error message during initialization of CXA N9000B signal analyzer
- #13672: RadiSense driver does not enable axis before taking measurements
- #13673: AR FM/FL field probe does not measure any field
- #13673: AR FM/FL field probe does not measure any field
- #13675: Object reference not set when referencing the input identifiers of the test site
- #13677: RadiSense IV returns E3 when setting the filter settings.
- #13682: Buttons for Add/Delete monitoring input in testsite configuration are shown too low
- #13683: HI6105 only returns the X axis measurement results
- #13684: Error 4 when retrieving field with RadiSense 4
- #13696: Reading RadiSense 18 is slow
- #13697: Graph line colours are not remembered
- #13700: too much reflected power
- #13701: Signal generator error - R&S SMB 100A
- #13704: Communication with a RSS1018 in a RadiCentre 1 is very slow
- #13705: EUT Status Controller does not require that the response starts with TESTINFO
- #13706: Update screens shows new major while already up to date
- #13708: No communication with RadiCentre possible
- #13719: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
RadiMation version 2023.1.3
- #13459: Wrong value when measuring single final average detector from FPC1500
- #13534: Performance problems in 2022.1.3
- #13539: RadiSense Error 3 on LASER? command
- #13547: Design calibration import tool
- #13548: Implement calibration import tool
- #13549: Extend the calibration import tool to also support Schaffner calibration files
- #13550: Build 2023.1.x including Calibration import tool
- #13551: Document and explain how to import the calibration files from another software package
- #13583: Settings.ini has been corrupted
- #13611: Frankonia FC06.1 connection issue when initializing multiple driver instances on the same control unit
- #13702: RadiMation does not display correctly on non HD resolutions
RadiMation version 2023.1.2
- #6003: Check if a newer software version is available during startup
- #11491: When using field monitor application, no correction factors were used, despite them being selected
- #13314: Possibility to start a sequence from the commandline.
- #13444: Auto detect from Configuration screen does not update window.
- #13457: & in drivers release notes is shown as & in update check window
- #13576: Probe laser disconnect when testing above 1000 V/m
RadiMation version 2023.1.1
- #12695: Rename FormattedLong to FormattedInteger, Add new FormattedLong using int64 longs
- #12947: RadiMation slows down the PC after updating
- #13047: Starting RadiMation by opening an EUT-file, results in RadiLog not being able to start when requested
- #13255: Calculated electrical field using horn antenna, shows different measurement values when a test file is reopened
R&S spectrum analysers/receivers communication problems
It has been detected that on very fast PC’s, the communication with modern Rohde & Schwarz spectrum analyser/receivers can be corrupted. These problems are related to the speed of the PC and the used GPIB bus. The R&S receivers that are related to this problem are: ESI/ESIB/ESPI/ESCI/FSE/ESU.
We strongly advise that you slow down the GPIB communication speed between the PC and R&S receivers. Follow these steps to do so:
- Open the configuration window of RadiMation®
- Select the Device Drivers tab
- Select Receivers/Spectrum Analysers
- Select the R&S receiver
- Press Edit to open the device driver configuration window
- Press the Advanced button
- The GPIB configuration dialog of the R&S device driver will be shown
- Activate the Show advanced Settings checkbox
- The GPIB Configuration dialog will show a Wait time box
- Specify 3000 us in the Wait time box
- Close all windows, and repeat these steps for each and every R&S receiver.
Configuring the R&S device drivers in this way will slow down the GPIB bus, by ensuring that at least 3 milliseconds delay are included between each GPIB call to the R&S devices
Previous RadiMation® version raises a run-time error
If the latest RadiMation® version and an older RadiMation® version are installed on the same PC, it can happen that the older RadiMation® version raises an error during the start of RadiMation.
This error is raised because a file that is shared by both versions is written in a newer file format that cannot be read anymore by older software. The solution for this problem is to remove the file: C:\Program Files\DARE Development\RadiMation\Confdvdr\CUSTOMIZ.DAT. The CUSTOMIZ.DAT file is used to remember customizations of the colour of the graphs, so removing the file will not influence the measurements. However the graph colours will probably be changed to the defaults as specified by RadiMation®.
Windows 8, Windows 7, XP, Vista and older are not supported
Due to the fact that Microsoft has ended their support for these versions we are also forced to stop the support of RadiMation® running on these operating systems. This means that we do not test if RadiMation® is working correctly on these operating systems. However it could be that RadiMation® is still working correctly. We strongly suggest upgrading your operating system to Windows 10 (21H2). Both the 32-bit and the 64-bit versions of the Microsoft Windows Operating system are supported.